CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

For the pretty, chic and rich readers...





Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Remisier Business: The game of how well you know your customers....

Hey guys, I'm so sorry that I haven't been blogging recently.... there were some changes in my work so I was busy doing the necessary paperwork.. but I am really glad that some of you are following up on the articles I wrote.
I have been meeting up with a lot of remisiers and dealers recently, just trying to understand how they succeed in their business when this industry is so competitive. I realise that it really takes a lot of perserverance, determination, EQ, foresight, passion and patience to walk through this long, tiring but rewarding career. The best sentence came from a remisier I have hardly know for two hours and he said that the remisier business is a game of how well you know your customers. His words keep ringing in my mind and I will definitely register all the kind teachings from the seniors... and my uncle who provided advices and took care of me in Kim Eng Securities....

There I go again.... rested enough and starting my engine again... Nothing fails if I'm determined and hardworking... Thank you for giving me the support and I hope to have your continual support.

The market has been really boring since the beginning or World cup. The volume traded in the market is quite low and the investors doesn't seem to be coming in... Counters breakout but did not hold. Market is clearly in a consolidating state and might unfortunately, last the entire year.

US market open negatively but closed positvely yesterday but did not have a significant effect on the Singapore market. If you search the news website like bloomberg or cnbc for information, you will realise that the overall market economy is not stabilized at the moment. Fortunately, the Q2 results for most of the companies is still acceptable or improving.

KIM ENG
PropertyKeppel Land (KPLD SP) – Tasting the fruit of its labour
Keppel Land (KepLand) reported a 1H10 PATMI of $134.7m. While this makes up 40% of our full-year estimate, it is largely in line with expectations as we anticipate even stronger contributions from its residential projects in 2H. Following good response to its recent launches in China, it has lined up more launches in 2H10.
The strong Singapore GDP forecast for 2010 should continue to underpin KepLand’s position as the leading prime Grade A landlord. New acquisitions from the Government Land Sale programme could also be on the horizon. Maintain BUY at a target price of $4.85.

Market Talk
Retail – Osim International (OSIM SP)banked cushy profits for its second quarter ended 30 June, with a 142% year-on-year surge from $5m to $12.1m. Revenue, fuelled by the launch of new products such as the uSoffa Petit, grew 12% from $117m to $131m. “Our product innovation and competitive positioning continued to drive consumer demand. We launched uMama Warm which exceeded sales expectations,” said Ron Sim, OSIM’s founder and chief executive. For the six months ended 30 June, net profit grew 146% to $20.1m, bolstered by strong margins. Revenue for the same period was up 22% year-on-year, from $213m to $259m.


0 comments: