CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

For the pretty, chic and rich readers...





Monday, March 22, 2010

Cartier, Tag Heuer, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Bvlgari... Which one should I buy?

When I first started trading, I kind of regretted not studying and knowing much more. I guess I was really lucky, I could have lost much more but because it was almost the end of the downtrend, my counter rebound and I sold it off immediately. I still remember my money was all stuck in the counter and there was nothing I can do but just hope that the stock would recover. I tell you I am lucky... in half a year, I liquidate my portfolio... Some people waited TEN years. Yes, you didn't see wrong... 10 years and it never recovered..

Dec 2009, the devastating news of Chartered Semiconductor being delisted from Singapore Stock Exchange...

Another one.. is this familiar?


If you have never touch investment products before, i suggest you first go through a risk investment profile test.
http://www.sorted.org.nz/calculators/risk-recommender/.
Please also spend some time reading the articles on investing on the right products.
http://www.thedigeratilife.com/blog/index.php/2006/11/14/investor-know-thyself/




In a nutshell, an investment portfolio should contain bonds, unit trusts and stocks in different percentage. Of course, the different percentage is very much dependent on your risk appetite and your risk profile and this varies for different people. Even if we are only looking at buying stocks, we must diversify our risk by having more than 1 counter in our portfolio. Not the more the merrier, of course.... experts and economists are looking at 1-20 counters... but I much prefer just five from different industry and sectors so that I can spread my risk. . 20 counters?? My trainer will use this phrase again.. "Don't collect stamps in the market....." Sounds familiar?


0 comments: